AB retreat options from the Tapestry Retreat Program
We know how powerful Retreat Yourself can be, but we also know people sometimes have scheduling conflicts or travel concerns and can’t make it. We try to tell you about other options that are out there whenever we can so as many people as possible are able to get out there and have a life-changing experience.
Right now, The Tapestry Retreat Program with Alberta Health Services is accepting applicants for all of their events through the end of 2013.
They said, “The program includes group sessions, yoga and meditation, creative activities, massage, and time away from everyday commitments in beautiful surroundings.”
Tapestry Retreats are spread out over five days in a “retreat and renewal centre” near Calgary, AB. Survivors who have recieved, or are recieving, treatment in Alberta or the Northwest Territories will should expect to pay a fee less than $300 as the majority of the costs have have been covered largely by grants and programs. People from outside that area will be expected to pay $2,500-$3,600 to attend the event.
- General couples retreat (June 11-15, 2012) For cancer patients with all types and staging of cancer (preference given to patients with upper stages of cancer). Again, this retreat is open to both individual patients and to patients and their closest support person.
- Individual Retreat (October 1-5, 2012) For survivors with all types and staging of cancer.
- Wings of Hope Individual Breast Cancer Retreat (November 19-23, 2012)
- Individual Retreat (January 21-23, 2013) For people with all types and staging of cancer.
- Individual Retreat (February 25-March 1, 2013) For people with all types and staging of cancer.
- Wings of Hope Foundation Breast Cancer Couples Retreat (March 11-15, 2013)
- General Population Couples Retreat (June 3-7, 2013)
- Individual Retreat (September 23-27, 2013) For people with all types and staging of cancer.
- Wings of Hope Foundation Breast Cancer Individual Retreat (November 25-29, 2013)
If you have any questions or require further information please contact the Tapestry Retreat Coordinator at (403) 355-3207.