Are you our new Event Coordinator?June 25, 2012
We are looking for someone who is organized, focused, and adaptable to join our growing office crew. The position of Event Coordinator will be based in St. John’s, NL and will help grow YACC’s network through coordinating event delivery of face-to face support programs.
What we’re looking for:
• A minimum of two years of experience in program planning and event logistics
• Problem solver (Doing new things on a consistent basis requires ingenuity and determination to find the path to success)
• Strong communicator (Oral and written, leading projects)
• Organized (Manage many details, regular multitasking)
• Dedicated (Desire to help others, commitment to YACC’s values)
• Independent (Self-starter, work with little direction yet in connection with YACC team)
• Team player (Committed to team success as much as individual success, willing to support others and ask for help in return)
• Flexible/Adaptable (Open to change of role and processes/systems within a growing organization)
• Regional/National Programs: Responsible for supporting the Program Director in the delivery and evaluation of YACC support programs. This will include, but is not limited to, managing communications, registration/tracking, promotion and event logistics (i.e. potential venues, transportation, menu, materials, etc.).
• Web (YACC & Goaltender): This position will be available to consult with those leading digital programs to establish priorities for the community portion of YACC’s web programs as well as information and promotion of events.
• Promotion: Responsible for coordinating (with Communication Coordinator and Program Director) promotion activities, including Health Professional tours logistic, poster/contact card distribution to health professionals/community organizations, and preparing any presentation promo/materials in conjunction with the Program team.
• Relationship Management: Provide support to the Program Director in managing YACC relationships with cancer centers, community based organizations and government agencies to further the growth and effectiveness of YACC support programs. This would include but not limited to: preparing information packages, mail outs, setting up meetings, making phone calls, and doing research on other support programs/organizations.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED – Flexibility is essential to work at YACC.
YACC takes a holistic approach to compensation, which includes an authentic commitment to work-life balance nicely supported by flex-time, a competitive starting salary, fitness allowance, and group benefits plan.
We’ve had some great success in our 12 years of operation but we know our best is yet to come. Young adults dealing with cancer in Canada are counting on it. If you want to be a part of our success please forward your resume and cover letter to Tracy Carberry at email@example.com by July 6, 2012.