Do you have YACC’s back?December 17, 2012
YACC is working with our marketing team to develop a short video about YACC for sponsorship pitches and various other uses, and we need your help. The idea is to use your video submissions to emphasize how YACC is a growing community of young adults across the country that has each others backs.
There is no pressure to participate, but if you are interested, we think this video can be really cool.
Here are the questions we need you to answer
- What’s your name? Ex. “I’m Jenny Grace!” “Hi, Darrell Drake!”
- What was your diagnosis? Ex. “I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma when I was 18.”
- Give a brief summary on how how YACC has supported you, or how being a part of the community has affected your life. Try to keep this within a minute.
- Give a brief conclusion emphasizing you’re there for the YACC community. Ex. “I’m here.” “Yup, I gotcha.” “Here with you.” “Gotcha.” “I got your back.” “Winnipeg’s with you.” “Shout out from Burnaby!”
Tips for recording
You can use your phone or webcam. Choose a favourite place that doesn’t have a lot of background noise (i.e. a living room, your bed room, quiet outdoor space). Be positive. Smile. Look right in to the camera. Speak fluently. Own it!
Now! They want to get working on this ASAP, so take a couple of minutes this week and get it done. It’s an easy good deed!
Getting it to us
The agency we’re working with says the best way to send us this video is through YouTube.
If you don’t already have a YouTube account:
- Sign up for a Gmail account and use that as your YouTube login information.
- Go to youtube.com and click on the “Sign in” button at the top-right hand corner.
- Click the “create an account” button and then fill in all the appropriate information.
- Click on the “next step” button and you’re ready to upload.
- To upload a video, click on the upload button located at the top center of the page.
- Create a YouTube username and channel, then click “next.”
- Select your preferred privacy and sharing options and hit “All done.” Make sure you click on “Privacy Settings” and set it to Unlisted. If it is unlisted, only those with the link can view it.
- Simply drag your video and drop it anywhere on the page.
- You will be required to fill out basic info about the video (title/description).
- You will see the link for your video once the upload is complete.
- Send that link to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send it to the team.
- By sending us this video you hereby waive the rights for use of your footage.