Scholarship for survivors in Northern Alberta
If you are a cancer patient between the ages of 18 and 25, currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution, and live in Northern Alberta, you’re eligible for the 2011 Bryan Mudryk Scholarship.
Applicants must be currently in or finishing treatment this year, or are continuing to come in for three to six month check-ups.
There will be five $1,000 cheques awarded.
Submit written proof that you are in a class or accepted into a class in university/college/nait.
Write an explanation discussing:
- The difference this scholarship make in your life
- Your story (How you found out you had cancer, what type, your treatment, your prognosis, your journey, your dreams, prior to your battle with cancer and now)
- How cancer has changed your life and the lives of those close to you (parents, siblings, friends)
- A little about your support system
- Your most memorable moment (a phone call, a helping hand, simply someone holding your hand)
- Your attitude towards this journey
- Where you are now
- Any advice you have for others battling this disease
- If your cancer journey has inspired you to help others
- Any special causes you’re involved in (charities, hospitals, care centers, spokesperson)
The winning recipients will receive 2 complimentary dinner tickets to the Bryan Mudryk Golf Classic Dinner on June 18, 2011 where you will be presented your cheque. Other arrangements can be made if you cannot attend the dinner.
The deadline for applications is May 25, 2011 and winners will be selected by June 5, 2011.
Mail your application to:
Jo-Ann Borschneck, Social Worker
Psychosocial and Spiritual Resources
Westmount Shopping Centre
Suite 432, Groat Road & 111 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 3L7
Or email it to:
Please contact Jo-Ann Borschneck at 780-643-4321 if you have any questions.