We’re hiring a Web DeveloperJune 6, 2012
Young Adult Cancer Canada (YACC)–Canada’s leading support organization for young adults dealing with cancer–is looking for someone who is organized, focused, and adaptable to join our growing office crew.
The position of Web Developer will be based in St. John’s, NL and will focus on leading and implementing the delivery of YACC’s digital communications plan.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Web Development Environment
- Experience writing standards-compliant XHTML and CSS
- Experience coordinating the development of a web site
- Experience cutting web designs from layered PhotoShop and Illustrator documents
- Ability to analyze traffic data Experience working with web services
- Tech savvy: Technical knowledge to build web sites and oversee their creation
- Creativity: Ability to bring a concept from words to visual design/layout
- Passionate for technology: about digital communications and committed to staying on top of trends and new technologies that can continue to push YACC forward
- Problem solver: doing new things on a consistent basis requires ingenuity and determination to find the path to success
- Strong communicator: oral and written, leading projects involving non-technical people requires understanding and translation
- Organized: manage many details, regular multi-tasking
- Dedicated: desire to help others, commitment to YACC’s values
- Independent: self-starter, work with little direction yet in connection with YACC team
- Team player: committed to team success as much as individual success, willing to support others and ask for help in return
- Flexible/Adaptable: open to change of role and processes/systems within a growing organization
Web development and Internet Communications: Includes using design toolkits from M5 design and manage YACC’s web sites, the creation and administration of Google ad campaign, the coordination of new media activities (podcast, YouTube videos, etc), and the design of social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
Digital Communications Plan: Will include leading the development of YACC’s digital communications plan, encompassing web based support programs, and activities related to fund development and communications (internal and external).
Technology Consulting: Provide opinions and guidance on YACC’s deployment of technology and digital communications as requested and support the enhancement of existing technology and implementation of new technology, and multi-browser testing.
Other duties as required: Flexibility is essential to work at YACC.
YACC takes a holistic approach to compensation, which includes an authentic commitment to work-life balance nicely supported by flex-time, a competitive starting salary, fitness allowance, and group benefits plan.
We’ve had some great success in our 12 years of operation but we know our best is yet to come. Young adults dealing with cancer in Canada are counting on it.
If you want to be a part of our success please forward your resume and cover letter to Tracy Carberry at email@example.com by June 11, 2012.