We’re hiring: Fund Development CoordinatorFebruary 1, 2012
Young Adult Cancer Canada (YACC) is Canada’s coolest cancer charity and we’re looking for another fun, organized, creative person to join or office crew. as we continue to move toward our ultimate goal: national domination (in other words: “To empower young adults diagnosed with cancer to live and love life”).
If your fund development and/or event coordination experience, connection to our cause, and desire to make an impact align with our ultimate goal then we want to hear from you.
This position will focus on growing the Shave for the Brave in the Newfoundland market as well as other exciting fund development initiatives. You should be very organized, flexible, and comfortable with networking. Your sociable nature will be in action daily.
What we’re looking for:
- Fundraising and/or event coordination experience (at least three years preferred);
- Customer service oriented;
- A natural networker with great social skills;
- An organized individual who is able to multitask;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- An independent worker who is also a team player;
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn;
- Access to personal transportation;
- Solid computer skills, with experience in social media; and,
- Most of all, you need the desire to make an impact in the lives of young adults dealing with cancer.
YACC takes a holistic approach to compensation, which includes an authentic commitment to work-life balance nicely supported by flex-time, a competitive starting salary, fitness allowance, and group benefits plan.
There are over 7,000 young adults diagnosed with cancer every year in Canada. YACC’s mission is to build a community of young adults with cancer that provides information, support, skills, and opportunities.
We’ve had some great success in our 10 years of operation but we know our best is yet to come. It has to; the young adults we serve are counting on it. If you want to be a part of our success, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 16, 2012.