Survivor Conference 2021: Chill is coming to you from January 29-31, and we need your help! Being a volunteer for YACC is a great way to build skills and give back to your community.
YACC volunteers at Survivor Conference 2021: Chill are expected to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be registered and approved to attend Survivor Conference 2021: Chill
- Meet minimum expectations for roles (below) and qualifying shifts
- Sign and adhere to the Volunteer Agreement
Volunteer position descriptions
To help make our virtual conference great, we need many different volunteers. These include:
General support: These volunteers will work closely with both the YACC staff members and speakers to help with general needs. They will be asked to support these individuals with various tasks, including, but not limited to, confirming audio and video, sharing their screen with content, and troubleshooting in challenging situations.
Chat moderator: These volunteers will help facilitate the session chat. In some instances, like the opening and closing segments of the conference, this will include facilitating conversations. In other instances, like during workshops, this will include answering questions, gathering questions for the speakers, etc.
Tech support: These volunteers will provide technical support and assistance around video conferencing in Zoom and the Survivor Conference hub (with certain limitations) to those who need it.
- Volunteers must be willing to learn, support their peers, and be present during the event.
- Volunteers will be assigned to specific shifts during the virtual conference.
- Volunteers must attend a pre-conference online volunteer orientation (approximately 1 hour).
- Volunteers report to [email protected].
If you are interested in volunteering at Survivor Conference 2021: Chill, please APPLY HERE.