Hello Conference participants!
We are just about a month from meeting each other face-to-face and we couldn’t be more excited! There are several important elements in this email; please read each carefully and ensure you send info when required:
Survivor Conference bios
Before each conference, we ask for a little more info about you to include in our guidebook. Please answer the following questions and send to [email protected] by April 19, along with a photo of yourself (landscape orientation):
What piece of advice would you like to pass on to another survivor/supporter?:
*If you are a supporter, please list who you are supporting at the event.
I know many of you were curious as to whether we would be making an excursion to Niagara Falls since St. Catharines is so close, and we’re pumped to say we are!
We will spend a few hours at Niagara Falls on Friday, May 17. You will have time to walk around the area, check out the sites, and I think your social committee may even have an activity or two to get you into the tourist groove! We will be dropped off (and picked up) near Hershey Chocolate World (5685 Falls Ave) for anyone who wanted to scout some local activities in advance.
It’s not too late to fundraise for your travel (or to help your buddies get to the event)! There are many ways to raise some cash to help: online donations in your name, bake sales, social media plugs, corporate sponsorships, etc. If you need help or want some ideas let me know, I’m here to help!
Deadlines and reminders:
Finally, just a couple of very important reminders:
- If you need transportation from Toronto to St. Catharines, you must reserve your seat ($10 round trip ticket) on our charter bus. All tickets must be purchased by May 1. Reserve your seat here. Buses will leave from Pearson International Airport at 1:30 p.m. SHARP. All participants must be checked in with YACC staff by 1:15 p.m. at the latest. We will return to Pearson on Monday, May 20 and expect to be at the airport by noon.
- All travel information must be in to me by April 29, 2019, even if you are driving, so we can plan accordingly.
- For anyone requiring financial assistance, please ensure you get your form back to me ASAP. We have limited funds and we want to ensure we can help all of you who need it.
- If you have dietary/allergies/accessibility concerns that were not included in your application form, please let me know so I can make a note of it.
- If you are planning on bringing a supporter with you, but they have not yet applied, they must do so as you did online. We do have a wait list, but we expect cancelations over the next few weeks.
- For anyone who does not need travel assistance, but would like to raise money to help your buddies, connect with me and I can get you started on fundraising for the Expansion Pack.
- For anyone who is able to pay their registration fees, you can do so here.
Last, but not least, if something has come up and you no longer think you can make the event, please let me know as soon as possible. We do have a long wait list for the event, and the sooner we can confirm these individuals, the more time they will have to plan and book their travel.
If you are new to the event (or just can’t remember what was previously sent) and would like to see any past Survivor Conference emails, please click here. Also, if you have a question about the event, I would recommend visiting our FAQ webpage first. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, shoot me an email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Share, support & inspire,