Welcome to Survivor Conference 2019! As we get closer to the event, you will see more communications from me. Please make sure you take the time to read them all as they will each have important information you will need to know.
First of all, to those of you who do not know me, my name is Lesley Morrissey and I am the community engagement manager here at YACC. I am responsible for all logistical details of the Survivor Conference, including hotels, flights, food, etc. My colleague, and YACC’s program director, Karine Chalifour, is responsible for the program elements, and she is excited to share more details on the program with you in the coming weeks.
Secondly, and most importantly for this specific email: there are currently over 110 of you that I am communicating with on a very regular basis. As you can imagine, emails from 100+ people can fill up one’s inbox quite quickly, and with a full inbox, it can sometimes take longer than I would like to reply to people. To make this easier for everyone, I have created a very extensive FAQ that should be able to answer almost all questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, shoot me an email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Finally, just a couple of very important reminders:
- If you need transportation from Toronto to St. Catharines, you must purchase a $10 ticket on our charter bus. All tickets must be purchased by May 1. Reserve your seat here. Buses will be leaving from Pearson International Airport at 1:30 p.m. SHARP. All participants must be checked in with YACC staff by 1:15 p.m. at the latest.
- If you have dietary/allergies/accessibility concerns that you did not list in your application form, please let me know so I can make a note of it and we can incorporate it going forward.
- If you are planning on bringing a supporter with you, but they have not yet applied, they must do so as you did online. We do have a wait list started, but we expect cancelations over the next few weeks so it does move.
- For anyone who requires financial assistance, please ensure you get your forms back to me ASAP. We have limited funds and we want to ensure we can help all of you who need it. Here’s the form for those who requested it, so you do not need to search your inbox for my initial email to you.
- For anyone that does not need travel assistance, but would like to raise money to help your buddies, connect with me and I can get you started on fundraising for the Expansion Pack.
- For anyone who is able to pay their registration fees, you can do so here.
- Flight information must be in to me by April 29, 2019.
Last, but not least, if something has come up and you no longer think you can make the event, please let me know as soon as possible. We do have a wait list, and the sooner we can confirm these individuals, the more time they will have to plan and book their travel.
Karine and I were lucky enough to visit the venue last week and it is lovely, the staff are incredible, and we are so excited for May — we hope you are, too!
Share, support & inspire,